Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:
Yes, my lawn mower ash been acting up too since ethanol. I spray a few shots
of carb cleaner in every tank of fuel. Article in local paper said to use hi
test for mowers-not sure why-still has 10% ethanol if I read the pump right-
so I am using 93  Sunoco in a 3 horse Tecumseh. I don't hit the gas pump
very often-only diesel.

100LL Avgas is the closest you'll find to what that engine was designed for.

Sometimes they won't let you buy it without an airplane, most times the pump will want you to input your registration number. My local strip says no sales to outsiders, so I just grab six gallons on Sunday when nobody's working there. I just give my registration as 28000 or 29000 when I swipe my credit card. Let them wonder how one of the presidential jets got into that airstrip and why it was buying gasoline 5-6 gallons at a time.

Mitch.