Hello Wilton; I'm baaaaack !

It seems that from a stone cold overnight wait, it's about 5 seconds from the
time the engine starts until oil pressure is shown on the dash gauge.   During
that time the engine makes little metallic tapping and clicking noises.

>From a 1 hr rest period and a semi-warm restart, it's more like 1 second from
>the time the engine starts until oil pressure is shown on the dash gauge.

I haven't had an opportunity to restart after a real road trip and a rest, but
I can tell you it's slow, and the engine makes larger metallic tapping and
clicking noises, which some have dismissed as "timing chain rattle," or
something like that, until the dash gauge indicates oil pressure.   These
noises are big enough that my son the race engine builder was impressed by the
noises.

I'm sure there can't be a whole lot wrong, because I can cruise at 80 mph all
day (I don't like to drive a whole lot faster than that).  I have almost no
noticeable oil consumption.  I have driven the car at indicated 105 mph and it
had some left.  Total indicated mileage 155, 7xx miles.  Mileage driven by me
31,000 so far.

Thanks for your interest.  I'll be interested to see what you think.