M102 has a single row chain. You should measure chain stretch, at least roughly. It may or may not need to be replaced.

If you nee a chain, I have a new chain and tensioner that I will make you a deal on. Ended up selling the car before I got the new chain in.

Are you using dino oil or M1?  M1 might quiet things down some.

As was cited before, be sure to use Knecht or Hengst filters. An inferior filter could allow oil to drain out, where the OE filter might not. Your filter is not much bigger than the oil filter on a BMW /5 motorcycle engine, so it does not hold a lot of oil.