Gary -
I use a program called Rip Edit Burn by Blaze software to copy all mu LP's
tapes and any audio source, like say a radio broadcast. It's fairly cheap
and has worked well for me. I'm sure there are others. You just hook the
output of the cassette player, like say the headphone output, or line outs,
to the input jack of your sound card. Once you have saved it as an .wav or
mp3 you can easily burn it to a CD or whatever.

Barry