Gary:
I used this EZ-Audio kit to make my old vinyls and cassettes into CDs:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EZAudio-Transfer-Restoration-Kit/dp/B0000632HA

It did a good job.   Came with all the cords and connectors necessary, plus
software to convert the formats.  I used my old cassette player and
turntable.  To use the turntable I needed a pre-amp but no longer owned a
functional receiver.   So I bought the cheapest integrated amp that Radio
Shack sold (like $25) and it did the preamp job just fine.

That was several years ago, and there may be better solutions available now.

Good luck,
NK