I did it to myself, though I am not exactly sure of the part I screwed up.
For the past three years I have had an intermittent buzz [like a single
strand of a wire shorting out at times] on the blinker.  It would be good
while flashing, but hum/buzz at times, and it's extreme was to make a
continuous partial blink on the left blinker.   Replacing the flasher did
nothing, and it did the same right after and the rest of the day, then it
stopped it for about 6 weeks.  Messing with any of the wiring did nothing
immediate, though as with messing with the flasher, the next day it would
stop for 6 - 8 weeks.    My nephew noticed one of the modules in the fuse
box showed a bit of black on the pins, so I cleaned all of them.  Same
result, only it stopped it immediately.  When it came back I cleaned all of
the module pins with electric contact cleaner and put a bit of electric
contact paste on the pins [$.99 sample size by the register at local FLAPS].
This time the console when dead.  I cleaned the stuff off and the console
and blinker worked for a few moments, but now has not worked for a week.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

BTW - I thought it time to do a diesel purge, and was impressed at that
engine.  It did almost no smoke, though it did stop most all the shaking.  I
was breaking an air cleaner mount about ever two months before I did it.

Thanks - BillR