If the car was well care for, as it seems it was, it will go for a long
time.  Sure, it's a top of the range BMW, so parts are never going to be
cheap, but they made enough of them, you can find parts in the bone yard, or
through places like Rusty online to keep the running costs down.

If the first time you write out a cheque for $1000 puts you off, just remind
yourself what a new one would cost you, and how cheaply you're getting to
enjoy a top of the range BMW.  They're  great cars, hope you enjoy it.

Ed
300E