Does anybody know if you can buy just 1 rod? Will have to check with Rusty I guess.

Craig McCluskey wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:04:41 -0400 Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
If I wanted to replace that one rod, I would have to pull the crank
and  everything wouldnt I?
You'd need to pull oil pan(s) until you could see the rod studs, take
off the  rod bearing cap, put thin hoses over the studs to protect the
crank journal, and  shove the rod & piston out the top. I don't know if
you can get away with  pulling just the lower pan to do #1 or not.

The oil pump might be in the way, but you have a much better chance at
removing #1 with the complete engine in the car than you would with #6.
Remember the tubing over the lower end studs as Mitch suggested.

Craig

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com