Well I went over to Costco and got the set of Xs, I asked the guy about other types, he said he didn't have any others in the 195/70R14. They seem OK, its not like mama drives autocross so I am sure they will be fine.

Leaving Costco, I was waiting at an intersection to turn right onto a busy divided highway, oncoming traffic stopped so I was going to RTOR but saw the light was green so started to go when WHAM!!! a car turning left across the highway (oncoming red, she was probably waiting to turn and went when the light turned red) got t-boned by a guy in a 4-door Jeep (I can't remember what they are called, they added 2 doors to the regular old Jeep) who blew the red light going maybe 40-45. I jumped out went to check on everyone, as did the guys who were behind the hitter. Older woman driving the hittee (a newish Toyota Camry or something like that) was OK, her 20some daughter in the pass seat was shaken badly but did not appear to be damaged, I made her be still and sit there until the ambulance came. After a couple minutes she calmed down a bit and said she thought she was OK, but made her stay there anyway. She was gonna have to be cut out anyway. Door was punched in a foot or so but the car held up pretty well, I was surprised at that hit. The Jeep driver, 60some guy, did not appear to have on a seatbelt, he was passed out, but the Jeep was in good shape. His doors were locked so we couldn't check him out. Cop showed up in just a coupla minutes, then a firetruck to block the road. Hitter was coming too but seemed out of it. I left my info with the cop, talked to the woman driving the hittee, told them to go to hospital then call a lawyer when they got home to deal with it all.

Guy who stopped in the car behind the hitter said the hitter tapped his brakes just as the entered the intersection, so he wasn't even slowing down.

Just heard on the radio that the road is still closed, the interstate that dumps off there is backed up forever. This happened like an hour and a half ago. The cop just called me to get my details, said everyone was OK.

Exciting day, I was hyper alert driving home.

--R

glenn brown wrote:
I've been somewhat disappointed with the last two sets of Michelin MXV4 tires
on my '84 300D as they were rather noisy (squealing) at minimally aggressive
cornering no matter the tire pressures.  I recently purchased the Kumho Solus
KR21 tires and so far I'm quite pleased though I haven't put many miles on 'em.

G. M. Brown

Brevard, NC