My 1962 220Sb odometer had been rolled back by a car dealer.  It never did
work.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Hamilton
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:29 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Instrument cluster for 67 200D

Thanks for the comments.  I had thought I would wire around it - I had
checked the fuse and had replaced all the bulbs.

Now I have a confession - I decided that since I didn't really know how many
miles were on the car, I would turn the speedometer back to 00000.  I had
done it successfully when I finished the restoration on my Willys.  So I did
it on the 200D as well - it didn't go quite as smoothly as with the Willys
and I was a little sceptical as to whether I had it back together properly.
It worked for a few miles and then quit.

So, I'm thinking that if I can round up a whole new instrument cluster, I'll
use it and not touch the odometer!    ....  Bob