The external fuel leak is the o-ring seal, doesn't affect anything but fuel milage, and then only if it's quite large.

However, to replace the o-rings you must remove the valve holder, and hence must replace the seals as they won't usually seal when re- used. New springs won't hurt anything, and may correct minor timing differences between cylinders if they have gotten short from use.

I personally prefer cars that don't drip, although I haven't had many....

Peter