The chinese junk rig is very cool, and has a lot of advantages- I am
thinking I might try making one for sailing a dinghy.

It's really easy to reef in strong winds, it is very strong because stress
is spread out evenly over the sail rather than concentrated in the
corners, and it achieves good aerodynamic lift with a totally flat sail,
unlike regular triangle sails on Bermudan rigged boats which need a
complex curvature which makes the sails expensive and difficult to build.

Tyler