Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

If I do go that route, I think I'm going to try to clean the tank
in-situ.

Mine was a horrible mess, probably caused by trying to run the car on straight Chinese restaurant soy. I got a 20' vinyl hose and an electric pump. I already had a TP filter. Pumped it from the fuel supply line through the filter and back down the filler neck. Plugged the strainer that way. Pumped it from the filler neck through the fuel line to reverse flow the in tank strainer, which gave better results but the crap kept settling into the tank, so I'd periodically shake the car which would make the sheets of slime go up the hose.
In a few days of messing with it I probably got rid of 3/4 of the crap.
Removing the strainer and flushing with water probably would have worked better, but then I'd have a damp tank in a car I'm not driving.

Mitch.