Thanks Russ, that makes me feel good about it. I put that write up in my
"things to be remembered" file.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:14:27 -0600
From: Russ Williams <rawil...@eatel.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D water pump?
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt,

Not too bad of a job. I've done it twice on SWMBO's 240 and once on my 240.
Reason doing hers twice is I used a McParts W/P the first time it lasted
2 years
before it started to puke H2O from the bearing, Stealership and My Indy
didn't
have one in stock and Wifey needed the car the next day.
Both cars now have a Gerba pump in them now 21/2 years on wifeys and 4
years on mine.

You don't have to remove the radiator.
Un-clip the shroud slide it towards the block. 13MM geared box wrench to
remove the 4
bolts that hold the fan to the shaft. Mark the spacer so you put it back
on the right
way. If you reverse it the fan will bolt up but be cock-eyed. 5 10MM??
bolts.
Order a gasket when you order the pump.

Have Fun
Russ W.
Still looking for a Manny Tranny for My 240

Curt Raymond wrote:
> Looks like Andrew might be right, the coolant leak on my 240D has
> accelerated. Could be I need a water pump.

I'm mentally preparing, I haven't actually looked yet, but is it a big
job? Does the radiator have to come out? What about the fan?