"Diesel engines can run on whale oil, but they are not
called whale engines if so, or soy engines if run on
soy oil."

Exactly - that would mean that AKP Wagen is a
diesel/kero/VO/crankcase oil engine right now.

I think if it's compression ignition, it's a
diesel...especially if it's direct or indirect
injection instead of pulling a fuel-air mixture into
the cylinder.

Chris