From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of dave walton
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:36 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Need help selecting Windows laptop

I'm responsible for keeping my mother-in-law's computer working. She
now has a Dell Inspiron 5100 that I got on eBay for $120. The only
problem is that she routinely screws it up and sends it back to me to
get it going again. She lives in Hawaii (don't get excited, her
"house" has no electricity or water) and it costs $35 to send it each
way. Anyone know offhand of the make and model of a cheap laptop that
will fit safely in a Large Flat-Rate USPS box (12"x12"x6")? the only
prerequisite is that it play DVD's and Netflix streaming movies and
browse the web.

I do find it a bit amusing that she lives in an area that is not wired
for electric power or cable TV, but she can get DSL just fine.

Thanks

-Dave Walton