From: "John Robbins" <je...@msstate.edu>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:36:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [MBZ] CDI Got "stoned" -- Insurance Question

Some stupid kids decided it would be fun to throw rocks at my CDI... So
now there is a fist sized dent in the door, and some gouges inside the
dent. Kids got away before my brother (who was borrowing the car) could
catch them.

So now I get to make a comprehensive claim! Yay! *rolls eyes*

The claims guy says I take it to the local adjuster this Thursday,
they'll put a price on the damage, and cut me a check. If the body shop
I take it to disagrees on the price, they are supposed to take it up
with the insurance. I don't know if I want them to write me a check on
Thursday... I just worry it won't be enough (I'm probably going to need
a new door), and then I'm going to get screwed over.

The insurance company is Progressive.

Also, could I take the money, and find a used door?

Thanks!!
John