On 1/6/2010 10:20 AM, pm7...@comcast.net wrote:
A GOOD body shop would not put a bunch of bondo on your door. BTW,
the factory uses such leveling components during their production
also.

The problem if finding a good shop! Yep, they just don't slop it on as thick as this dent ;)

That all being said, what concerns me in these issues is that the tin
knocker will invertiblely use a torch to shrink the stretched metal..
This burns the rust protection of the inside of the skin. I require
that I inspect the 'blind' side to see that it was properly primed
and painted. Never had a GOOD body shop complain.

Excellent info!  Thanks!

John