Quite a sobering thing to read about...

I nearly had a case of fireball with my project truck.
I had just put the gauge cluster back in after a good inside and out
cleaning, turned the key to check the gauges worked, dome light dimmed low
and the cluster started smokeing.

Turns out one of the sensor wires shorted out due to all the wigling needed
to unplug the cluster. Ended up frying the flexi board on the cluster, but
luckily it didn't catch fire. Quite a scarry experience. Took forever to get
the smell out.

It's always been my plan to have a CO2 extinguisher behind the seat just in
case, and I have a small dry chem that might go in also.

Walt