On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM,  <relng...@aol.com> wrote:
> Pinched from the "other" list. Read and learn.
>
> www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=241899

I was all ready to write "Lesson: get stated value insurance instead
of regular comprehensive" but then read the victim's last post in the
middle of page 9.  Amazing that his insurer, on seeing photos and a
partial receipt history showing his "restoration" of the car (really
just a lot of repairs and a good detail job), rolled over and offered
him $8,500 without a fight.

I always laugh when people in the Rust Belt write things like "I
searched so long to find the perfect rust-free southern W123 diesel!
How will I ever find another one?"  You can't swing a cat without
hitting one of the things on the West Coast.  The smart thing to do
with his insurance money would be to fly to LA, rent a hotel room for
a week, and go shopping.  He could probably buy two good cars, drive
one home, get the other shipped, and still come out ahead.

Alex