Thanks for clearing the confusion, and no problem. I was confused, and evidently the german MB club has some incorrect info on their website.

Hi Jim et al,

You are correct. The "CE" didn't ring true to me either, but I was reviewing some hand-written notes and just overlooked that. I have now located a copy of the original title, and it is clearly marked as a 1984 230C, with a W123 chassis. My apologies for the confusion, and to you also, Dieselhead. It was a few years ago,and I should have checked more carefully on the badging and avoided the mistake.