It's kilometers.  The car still drives nice, and is very tight.  It's a real
testament to Mercedes engineering that if feels as it does with the mileage
is has.  Whether it could do it all over again starting from where it is
now, I'm not so sure about that.  I know some reach very high mileage, but
most I've heard of have had top end rebuilds, transmission rebuilds, and
bottom end rebuilds too.  So I'm not sure how much truth there really is to
most of these very high mileage cars, that claim to be all original.

I do get a lot of enjoyment from driving the car, but it's now at the age
and mileage, it's kind of a second car, and I'm not sure how much confidence
I would have in it for extended trips.  That's not to say I don't trust it,
I'm just respectful of what it is, and what I ask of it.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll take them into consideration.

Ed
300E