Bob Rentfro wrote:
I know...I hate it. Wasn't there some young, brainiac dude that was working on a viable replacement for this HVAC hell? I hope he is having sucess.

I dunno about brainiac, but I am young! The project is slowly coming along... we (group senior design project) have made progress, but not made progress.

http://www.ece.msstate.edu/courses/design/ece4532/2005_fall/climate_control/

Click on deliverables and thats what we've turned in so far. The Approach document is due on Tuesday and that contains about 99% of the project (and was only about 3% complete for the draft :(. I'll be spending all day tomorrow working on it... and all of the schematics, models, etc that need to go in it.

If you'd like to see what is the most recent version of everything take a look at:

http://starquake.ath.cx/svn/dacc/

Its a subversion repository and contains all of the Datasheets, our schematics, the different models that we have for how the new system will operate, and all the documents we're working on and have turned in.

Its not looking to be super cheap, but if you order all the stuff yourself, solder it yourself (prolly going to be hard as all surface mount components) It will hopefully come in under $300. The vacuum valves add about $100 to the cost of the system... they're stupidly expensive!! When the approach doc is done you'll be able to read why it costs what it does, and what alternative options we had to choose from, etc.

Hopefully tomorrow will be nice and productive, and I can dump out a schematic (and hopefully an approach doc) for all to see!

Thanks for remembering :)

John
'79 300SD