From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]on Behalf Of Mitch Haley
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:34 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] idle speed

Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:
> Mitch, that's curious that the 300SD had it, with a turbo OM617.  Must
> have been the only application, or did any of the 123 turbo cars have
> it?

I think MBUSA figured out around 1980 that their customers were too stupid to
use it properly, and the S123 turbo didn't come out until 1981. Either that or
it wasn't absolutely necessary on the 1980 big cam engines, so MBUSA dropped it
to save money.

I'd like a dash knob rheostat on the OM60x cars with ELR.

Mitch.