Andrew wrote: "Some of those restored cars are not sloppy enouigh to match the
factory originality.  The Speed TV reports proudly point out the "correct"
overspray and hastily applied undercoating in a faithful restoration.  Paint
finishes are typically better than new."

Yea, I know what you are talking about.  They will say things like, this should
really be a matte black rather than glossy, or this body gap is correct because
it is wide, whereas the ones less faithfully restored will have very tight body
gap clearances. Those guys knowledge of some of those cars is amazing.  I am
sure they do some research, but sometimes it seems like they are speaking from
experience rather than knowledge.

It does seem like the last few years, they are starting to focus more and more
on the bidders.  I want to know about the cars!  I don't care about the bidders!

Donald H. Snook