From: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:08 PM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel delivery valve job

From 14-1310 on the CD - 25nm, or 18.4 lb-ft. No lock-tite needed. All it
needs is enough torque to seal to the head -

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM, LarryT <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Gang --   I have started to prep things so I can rebuild my delivery
valves - I have the springs, washers and o-rings and started disassembling
the intake stuff.

  One problem - when I started removing the bolts that hold the intake
manifold to the head I found them to not be very tight - I was told by
others on the list that the torque should be "20Nm/14-15ft-lbs" which seems
pretty low to me.  I looked at my Data Book but could not find the torque
for the intake bolts.  I looked for 1/2 hour but could not find it.

Can anyone confirm the torque value for the manifold bolts for my 602-962
engine?  Also, should I use LockTite on the bolt threads?  I'll look some
more but would appreciate any help.

Thx
LarryT
91 300D 2.5T  W124