From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:26 AM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel delivery valve job

Ah, are we talking about Larry's OM606?  I missed that, and agree that
the rules are different for an OM606 that is naturally aspirated (NA).
I had an OM617 NA, intake was coated with incredible layer of tar
because the EGR had failed in open position.  Fixed that, switched to
Mobil 1, and all that tar turned gooey and began flowing.  Every so
often I'd get a huge cloud of smoke out the back when the engine
ingested some.  However, Marshall's advice to me was that cleaning it
would have no affect except reduce the occasional cloud of smoke.

-Max