I have found that you must put the torque link in before the thrust link (or if
only replacing the torque link, remove the thrust link) because you need to
rotate the wheel carrier a bit to get the bolt and sleeve in.

I don't know when the new style links came out, but I suspect in 90 they were
still the old style with a larger bolt.  New link are 210 part numbers, and you
need a bolt kit with sleeve to fit the new smaller bolt to the old style wheel
carrier as the bolts are smaller diameter.

Check the tie rods and tie rod eccentric bolt bushing (that's the only part
that usually wears, but the tie rod end can go bad too) and replace these at
the same time.  Requires a full four wheel alignment if you do.

I plan to replace the spring link bushings at the same time, rather pointless
to replace all the links and have excessive noise and tire wear from the camber
being "loose" even with new links.

Might stick new spring pads in as well, after all, they are 20 years old with
how many miles on them?

Peter