From: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:21 PM
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hunting 124 update

I replaced both tie rods, the drag link, the steering shock, and the idler
arm bushings today. I stood the old and the new tie rods on end on the front
of the lower section of the tool box, held a 12" extension for the 3/8"
ratchet across the tops, and adjusted the new rod till the extension
appeared parallel with the open tool box lid. The car drives straight ahead,
hands off at 70MPH, but the steering wheel is about 5 degrees off level now
(was level before I started).

It is MUCH more stable now, but still not quite what I expect. Perhaps it
was the wind, a road I don't usually drive, etc. I'll drive it to work
Monday, and see how it is on I-35 before passing final judgement. If it
seems I've cured the worst of it, I'll get a quote for a stealership
alignment. I'm half afraid of what they'll want after their asking$30 for a
sunvisor clip!