My '83 240D has the original 27 year old back brake lines, I think. An indy who replaced the back calipers for my wife was supposed to have replaced them, but if he did, he got the connections to the metal brake lines the tightest I've ever seen. I've treated these upper connections with Kroil, WD-40, Rusteater, Blaster, the ATF 50-50 mix, and several others to no avail. I've put cheater bars on the 11 and 14 mm tubing wrenches and put as much force as I dared, without success. Can anyone suggest a different method to try? I've never heated a line full of brake fluid with a propane torch before, but that seems like one of the remaining things to try if it can be done safely. The brake lines connections to the fairly new calipers came loose easily. It's the top ones that won't break loose.
Thanks,
Gerry
'83 300D and 240D