Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> writes:

> Vibration can come from bad mounts, especially motor mounts, Bad flex
> disks, bad u-joint, or bad carrier bearing support.

Motor mounts are fairly new.  Flex disks show some small cracks around
the bolts.  Carrier bearing support is shot, that's clear now that I
have the car up on stands and can get a good look at it.

I'm going to replace both disks, the center carrier and bearing, and do
a tranny fluid change while I have it up on the stands; it's due for
one.

Some oil seeping from the pinion seal on the diff but Peter scared me
off of trying that myself.  Might change the diff oil though, what's a
good brand to use for that?

Allan
--
1983 300D