The transmission is relatively fixed. The diff is not, it is mounted to the subcarrier which does move. I would not tighten the ds clamp or the carrier bracket until its down. The manual says not to do it until after the crossmember is bolted in. All I know is that I tightened everything on the ground and never had vibrations, others who did not do it on the ground did. I have swapped 4? trans now and done it the same way every time.

-Rolf