A double ATTABOY for Gerry!

As long as the list youngsters are talking about cheap technology replacing older expensive technology. Who on the list can come up with a USB camera (Mfgr and model number) that would be small enough (9-10mm dia or less....5-6 mm?) to pass through the hole in the head where a prechamber goes (OM61x and OM60x) to work as a borescope, preferably with onboard light. As an alternative, maybe a light or fiber light trnsmitter could be snaked in through the same hole if the camera was small enough. A source for a fiber light transmitter would be good too.

On my 80 240D 4 speed project, I'd like to inspect the bores of the supposedly good engine before I stick it in the car. Borescopes are expensive and something that McParts doesnt rent. I don't mind pulling prechambers since I have my homemade JD70 wristpin slammer slide hammer prechamber puller and my homemade prechamber ring wrench

Curt?  anyone else?

If anyone has a NOS 616 headgasket laying around, I can skip this step. But I am trying to cheap out of spending 70-80 bucks on a headgasket just to take a look inside.

Aimed a light at the hole in the housing and put a computer camera on a block under the car. Sat in the car with a laptop and kept tapping the starter until I could see the drain plug. Went back under the car with a wrench and a pan, drained the ATF, pulled everything out. Done in two trips under the car.
Gerry
'83 300D