Loren, if you can get your hands on a gallon of gasoline (I sure don't know how to do it without going to Lake Michigan or an airport), put a gallon of gasoline and a gallon of E10 in sealed cans. Wait six months, then open them up and take a sniff. The E10 is more decomposed than the gasoline, right?

For anything that you have to refuel monthly, E10 just costs you a little MPG.
For anything that goes months or years between fillups (I can go a looong time on a gallon of chain saw premix, for example) E10 means you're running stale gas most of the time.

I really want to fill the 2.3-16 with unleaded gasoline before I park it for the winter, but I don't have that option. It's either 100LL avgas (which will destroy the cat) or E10. Looks like I'll be filling it with regular E10, and then draining it out to run in the lawn mower in the spring. Seems a waste to buy 19 gallons of fuel with the intention of letting it go stale, but having a less than full tank all winter would be worse.

Mitch.