Remember this topic? I had a interesting experience yesterday. I noticed my Cruise Control had stopped working but the fuses were ok - I didn’t look farther than that and was in a hurry.

We were driving home and as I accelerated hard to join/merge with the traffic on I-95 I noticed the car continued to accelerate after I lifted my foot & I found the engine still accelerating! I got on the brakes and pulled over, then stopped, turned it off and put it in park. Once traffic passed I got out and opened the hood & discovered 2 things - why the CC didn’t work and why the accelerator was jammed. Seems the connector piece between the cruise thingie and the accelerator thingie had fallen off and when I opened the throttle it fell into the opening & jammed the throttle nearly wide open. Not much fun but it could have been worse. Popped it back into place and was on my way....

Wonder if they checked that on the Toyota's?

My fun and games for October 14.  ;-)

LarryT
91 300D

"In God We Trust"