Yeah, what he said. If you ever need to remove the shift lever, it has a little (capture? I think you call that arrangement) nut at the bottom you loosen then you can screw out the lever. To put it back, screw it down to where you want it, lined up properly, then tighten the nut to hold it tight.

--R