I wondered about that 50%, so did someadding and calculating, pulling last
years taxes, etc. Now, you have to factor in that I live in a relatively
poor State, so YMMV - but our total tax load last year was under 20% -
property, sales, state ,and federal. The feds got 8% - so they're right
where you said they should be.
Not that I enjoy paying taxes, but they don't seem to be as bad as many
complain they are, at least here. Maybe you need to move South?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

> More like the last 100 years... Probably more.  At least since income tax
> was established.  It 10% is enough for God almighty, a mere mortal gummit
> ought to be pleased with 8 or so.  Now the gummit total take among feds,
> state, property, sales,  and so forth is over 50%.

OK Don
2001 ML320
1992 300D 2.5T
1990 300D 2.5T