'Don't know 'bout getting tires balanced in DC, but if you're coming back down I-95 and in the Selma, NC, or Wilson, NC, area at about an appropriate lunch time, maybe we could meet for lunch at Cracker Barrel at one of those places.
Do you know an ETA at one of these areas yet?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:05 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Tire Shop Recommendation in WDC Area

Dieselvolk,

I'm on a business trip in The Capital (aka The District, aka Taxation Without Representation) and I need to have a couple of tires balanced on my '87 300TD. I decided to rotate the tires before the 540 mile drive, and that little voice tried to tell me that I'd need to get the tires balanced after the rotation, but I ignored it. Sure enough, once my velocity exceeds about 65 mph, I've got slight vibration and noise from the front axle. Would be nice to correct that before the 540 mile trip back south.

What says the gathered wisdom?  Find nearest Walmart/SearsAuto/Pepboys?

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
Washington DC (for another day or two)