From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of R A Bennell
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:30 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tire Shop Recommendation in WDC Area

Do get them checked.  I had a problem like that on  a road trip once
years ago and it turned out that the tread was separating. We blew a
tire at high speed. Stopped safely and all but it was a bit of
excitement I could live without repeating.

Randy

On 03/11/2010 8:05 PM, Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310
wrote:
> Dieselvolk,
>
> I'm on a business trip in The Capital (aka The District, aka Taxation
Without Representation) and I need to have a couple of tires balanced on
my '87 300TD.  I decided to rotate the tires before the 540 mile drive,
and that little voice tried to tell me that I'd need to get the tires
balanced after the rotation, but I ignored it.  Sure enough, once my
velocity exceeds about 65 mph, I've got slight vibration and noise from
the front axle.  Would be nice to correct that before the 540 mile trip
back south.

> What says the gathered wisdom?  Find nearest
Walmart/SearsAuto/Pepboys?