On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did change all the fuses in the 300SDL - and it did cure several seemingly
> random electrical faults. There are a few such in the ML now - but it has
> the blade type fuses, and is only 10 years old - should I replace them now?
> Does Rusty have a kit of fuses for it???

FWIW, I have found the blade-type fuses to respond well to a cleaning
of the sockets with a good contact cleaner (i.e. Dr. Booth's favorite,
DeOxIt---nothing else comes close).  It's harder to get in there than
with the old cylindrical type, but worth it.  I take all the fuses
out, put some of the DeOxIt on an old toothbrush, scrub the sockets,
and put the fuses back in.  Solved at least one intermittent gremlin
in my Suburban that way (trailer brake lights failing to come
on---they're on a separate circuit from the brake lights on the truck
itself).

Alex