Nice visit with Max and his family yesterday inspired/shamed me to take better
care of the paint on my arctic white, nearly-showroom 87 300D.  I was a bit
embarrassed for them to see it in dire need of a proper cleaning and waxing.
Yes, I've been a back-slider.  'Been running it through carwash and wiping it
down with towel afterward, but I haven't really cleaned and waxed it properly
in the 6+ years I've had it, so, though the paint still has no nicks, gouges,
scratches, dents, dings, rust, etc., it has been looking quite "flat" for too
long.  I've spent about three hours so far today working on the rear section
from rear doors aft; all of that area is now pristine and glistening - even the
six years of exhaust film across the back has been removed (again, this is a
WHITE car), and that area is white again - not light grey.  I can get to much
of it sitting on my walker; 'have to stand only to get to the higher horizontal
surfaces and can touch or lean against the car for more stability.

BTW, 'discovered a neat trick to keep white cleaner/wax film off the black trim
areas; painters blue masking tape on those areas works beautifully.  'Had the
roll of tape in the trunk after painting a small area on the left rear door of
the black 350SDL coupla weeks ago.

Wilton