Thanks Wilton - somehow I knew that the originator of the $2 oil sucker
would have BTDT...

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of WILTON
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:04 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The W123 of vacuum cleaners

Yes, many.  Usually, very easily; 'last one I retrofitted was the 3500
SF 105-year Georgian colonial revival (basement and crawlspace, 2 story,
walk-up attic) house I've lived in for 22 years.  I've often been able
to find a "chase" big enough or, at times, the back corner of a closet.

2" thin-wall plastic piping; 10' lengths + all fittings, couplings, etc.

Nutone is one brand I remember right now.  'Several other brands, too.
Check building supply, Lowes, etc.
'Don't think my main supplier, Pullman, of 30 years ago does domestic
vacs any more; they build lots of commercial, industrial vac equip.

Is crawlspace near the access door tall enough for power unit, or is
attic easily accessible enough for power unit?  Power unit could also go
in garage or utility closet.

Wilton