OT - I know a guy in Spokane - he says he is busy busy - he does
survey work and says investors are buying property like crazy.  Are
you seeing that type of stuff in your area also?

Not so that I would notice.  But then, why would I?
There's a fair amount of overpriced real estate on
the market right now.  There's a parcel two lots down,
half the size of ours and no house on it, nor any
infrastructure, and they're asking _more_ for that
(by at least 50%) than I paid in '93 for our home.
Still for sale, I see!  :-)

-- Jim