Dieselhead wrote:
Rolf,

Got any info, pictures, contacts etc. I am pondering a 380SL 2.5D using an OM602 turbo. By the time I start, I maybe able to find a 2.7 L out of a Sprinter, if that would fit. I think a rusty 87 190D 2.5 with a 5 speed would be a nice donor for the R107 transplant.

You've got a 5sp 190Dt? I've heard of at least three of those, none of them factory of course.

My recollection of this discussion from about 7 years ago was somebody stating confidently that the measurement from oil pan to valve cover on the 617 was more than would fit under a 107 hood. Shortly after that was posted, we found a R107/617 on eBay UK, which brought up speculation as to just how far off the ground the oil pan was.

I think the 616-617 are taller than the 601-602-603. I'm not sure where the inline CDI engines fit in, but it seems like the 320CDI V-6 would likely fit.

Mitch.