Howdy -
Some older cars are aided by having relays added into the headlight circuits ā€“
the 911 especially because the power for the headlight goes through the switch
(as I understand it) and the relays reduces the load through the switch.  Iā€™m
told this makes it possible to use brighter bulbs safely.

I recall reading that the limiting factor for brighter bulbs on the W124 is the
plastic headlight housing and the Euro housings are metal and can take more
powerful bulbs.

So, will relays make a difference on W123 or W124 headlight systems?  Where
would one find Euro headlight housings?  Or are there other options/solutions?

Thanks ā€“ and Merry Christmas!
LarryT
91 300D