Larry,

All cars that do not use headlight relays will benefit from them, regardless of
the setup.  The biggest problem in the system is the voltage drop that occurs
from marginally sized wiring and switches.  That's not to say the OE systems
don't work, they're just designed to work within a specific parameter, with
cost being one of the determining factors.

I can assure you that putting relays in either of your cars will make a
noticeable difference.  Add to that the ability to use higher wattage lams and
the fun really begins.

As for Euro headlights, well, a set of Euros with a 100W or 120W lamp and
relays and you can melt the plastic bumper of the Ford Taurus in front of you
at the stop light.

This is a relatively simple modification that will have you wondering why you
didn't do it a long time ago.

If you need assistance with sorting things out, drop a note to the list.  I
know there are plenty of members who have done this, myself included.

Dan