I have perhaps been a tad harsh, here are some threads about people who have supposedly gotten conversions working well enough.
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=136632&highlight=SLS+Conversion
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/showthread.php?tid=457&highlight=SLS+Conversion

Hendrik

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
Complete rubbish, many have tried and failed.
Problem is you either have a hard rear end to carry a load or a soft rear end that bottoms out when you load er up. The system is not complicated, may leak and can be expensive if you can't find good secondhand hydraulic shocks but when working properly is hard to beat. Went to the pup for lunch today in my SLS equipped TE, 3 adults and 4.5 kids. Car drives like it was just me in the bus. Chucked a 100kg of pool salt right up the back, plus the family, bottom was a bit low until I started her up and the back went up to normal height. I have owned a 123 230E with standard rear springs and it's bum dragged just about on the ground with a load in it, so I can't see how this supposed cheap fix is going to work, unless the 'new' springs are that hard that you'll get shaken to bits and every bump will feel like a punch in the kidneys. Also in the instruction section http://www.slsconversion.com/How_To_Install.html it says to strip the system out altogether, far as I remember this is not necessary, as you can take the impeller out of the pump and then leave the system in place, so that perhaps the next owner can restore the system and car back to what it should be, instead of some cheapskate wrecking the handling and ride qualities. My advise is that if you don't like the 'expensive' SLS buy a 300D with coil springs all round and a roof rack for those big loads that won't fit in the boot.

Hendrik
who is cheap but not that cheap

Bob Rentfro wrote:
Fix your saggy rear-end: