From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Chris N John
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:04 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] 1980 300 SD vac lines again!

Well, I'm ashamed that after all the help you guys offered to try and
resolve our vac issues that we are once again heating our car with the
defroster fan this winter----
We tried various changes on the lines coming out of the firewall into
the engine compartment. You may or may not recall, when we bought our
car, it had several vac lines to the right of the brake unit just
dangling and connected to NOTHING. We just don't know what all was
changed or bypassed and why! Still would like to see pics of correct
connections. I know there is an issue with the holding vac on the door
locks. They lock fine but bleed off at various rates. Sometimes they
won't all lock, but can be pushed down and will hold for awhile. Anyone
out there still have a car like ours? I study the diagrams and seem to
get more confused. Think we need a mighty-vac from the sound of things,
also? Is it best to just change to new check valves or is there a way to
test and see if they are good. They may even be installed backwards for
all we know----
Guess it will be spring someday and then we will be worried about the AC
that also doesn't work. And even though it hasn't started for 10 days
cause its toooooo cold, we Love our car!!!!! Still not sure if that
block heater is there, but we are going to check it out soon. We have a
great old 72 ford bronco that gets us where we want to go in this weather!
Thanks again everyone, Chris in NW Wyoming
Found some perfect match vinyl and working on new upholstery, when I can
fight off the urge to hibernate!