Rolf wrote:
I've had 2 Citizen Eco Drives over the last decade. I wish they could build cars like these watches. Other than having to change the date occasionally, you set it and ferget it. I once left one in a drawer for over a week, kept perfect time. I am pretty hard on watches too.

Ecodrives come with a 3-6 month battery now. I think they used to just have a capacitor in them. It's probably better for the battery if you leave it where it can catch some light daily though.

Orient now has a 'solar powered' line. I never really warmed up to the Seiko Kinetic line of self charging quartz watches.

Mitch