My belief is that any resistance costs them money. If the rewards are diminished by expenses, they are less likely to seek this revenue stream. So, My policy is to take every delay, every protest, every appeal that I can afford in order to discourage the various constabularies from issuing tickets as a way of generating revenue.

On the flip side, if the law is only against "talking" on the phone
specifically, the picture you just took would probably stand as proof in
court.  It may not be worth the fight in court financially, but sometimes,
you just have to have your say and prove your point.

Ed
300E...no phones, cams, loud radio, or coffee in my cars while driving!  Not
because of the laws, but because of my rules. ;-)